I spent a decade working alongside attorney James L. Strichartz, one of the authors of the Washington Condominium Act and a nationally recognized leader in our field. In other words, I learned from the best! So I understand the law—but more importantly, I understand people. Which means I help boards move effectively through conflict, indecision, and strife.
The issues you encounter as a board member may be new to you—but they’re not to me. Here are just a few challenges you might be facing that I can assist with:
- your building exteriors are damaged or at the end of their useful life, requiring extensive, expensive repairs and there are insufficient funds in the association’s operating and reserve accounts;
- an owner is suing the board over how your association is governed;
- a resident is waging a social media war against your association, your management company, and/or the board;
- your governing documents’ rental provisions do not reflect what’s actually happening with rentals at the property;
- you’ve heard that state law may have changed your association’s duties and rights, but you don’t know exactly how.
I’ve helped many, many boards navigate positive resolutions from all these kinds of issues and more. I do it by listening, finding common ground, defusing conflict, and helping everyone come to see the resolution that will best solve the problem with the least amount of cost and hassle.
I would love to give you a free consult to hear about the issues you’re facing and discuss how I might be able to help.